Trabecular Metal Technology is an innovative material utilized by Zimmer Biomet for two decades in implantable orthopaedic devices. Uses of Trabecular Metal Material are varied and have included joint reconstruction, bone void filling and soft-tissue repair.1-3 Zimmer Biomet integrated Trabecular Metal Technology into its dental implant portfolio in 2011.
What is Trabecular Metal Technology?
Trabecular Metal Technology is a three-dimensional material, not an implant surface or coating. Its structure and function are similar to cancellous bone.4-6
Download PDF file below
1. Macheras GA, Papagelopoulos PJ, Kateros K, Kostakos AT, Baltas D, Karachalios TS. Radiological evaluation of the metal-bone interface of a porous tantalum monoblock acetabular component. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006;88-B:304-309.
2. Wigfield C, Robertson J, Gill S, Nelson R. Clinical experience with porous tantalum cervical interbody implants in a prospective randomized controlled trial. Br J Neurosurg. 2003;17(5):418-425.
3. Nasser S, Poggie RA. Revision and salvage patellar arthroplasty using a porous tantalum implant. J Arthroplasty. 2004;19(5):562-572.
4. Unger AS, Lewis RJ, Gruen T. Evaluation of a porous tantalum uncemented acetabular cup in revision total hip arthroplasty. Clinical and radiological results of 60 hips. J Arthroplasty. 2005;20(8):1002-1009.
5. Cohen R. A porous tantalum trabecular metal: basic science. Am J Orthop. 2002;31(4):216-217.
Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks are the property of Zimmer Biomet; and all products are manufactured by one or more of the dental subsidiaries of Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. and marketed and distributed by Zimmer Biomet Dental and its authorized marketing partners. For additional product information, please refer to the individual product labeling or instructions for use. Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. This material is intended for clinicians only and does not comprise medical advice or recommendations. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited. This material may not be copied or reprinted without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet Dental. ZB0604 REV A 01/19 ©2019 Zimmer Biomet. All rights reserved.