The Custom Approach For Complex Defects
Patients with severe atrophy of the mandible or maxilla who have elected for an implant-supported restoration may benefit from customized treatment. Allogenic (human) blocks as well as autologous blocks are the choice materials for the bone graft required for these cases. The success or failure of the grafting procedure may be determined by how well the block conforms to the defect. Puros Allograft Customized Blocks are a crucial developmental step in block grafting. A custom block is produced using CAD/CAM technology based on a CBCT/CT scan of the defect area. This makes the procedure more comfortable for your patient by reducing surgery time and minimizing the risk of complications.1
2. Congruent In Shape
3. Reduced Surgery Time
ZB0866 - EMEA
Download PDF file below
ZB0937 - Regenerative Product Portfolio (France Only)
ZBINST0018 - EMEA
ZBINST0020 - EMEA
1. Schlee M, Rothamel D. Ridge augmentation using customized allogenic bone blocks: proof of concept and histological findings. Implant Dent. (2013) 22:212-8.
2. Keith JD Jr, Petrungaro P, Leonetti JA, Elwell CW, Zeren KJ, Caputo C et al. Clinical and histologic evaluation of a mineralized block allograft: results from the developmental period (2001-2004). Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2006;26:321-327.
3. Leonetti JA, Koup R. Localized maxillary ridge augmentation with a block allograft for dental implant placement: case reports. Implant Dent. 2003;12:217-226.
4. Würzler KK, Will F, Berger S. Herstellung und Anwendung CAD/CAM-gefräster, patientenspezifischer Knochenblöcke. Implantologie Journal (2015) 5:30-36.
5. Data on file with RTI Surgical, Inc
6. McAllister, B. S. Bone augmentation techniques Journal of Periodontology 2007;78:377-396
7. Parthasarathy, J., 3D modeling, custom implants and its future perspectives in craniofacial surgery. Annals of Maxillofacial Surgery 2014;4:9-18.
Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks are the property of Zimmer Biomet; and all products are manufactured by one or more of the dental subsidiaries of Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., and distributed and marketed by Zimmer Biomet Dental (and, in the case of distribution and marketing, its authorized marketing partners). Puros products are manufactured by RTI Surgical, Inc. Tutoplast is a U.S. registered trademark owned by Tutogen Medical GmbH. For additional product information, please refer to the individual product labeling or instructions for use. Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. This material is intended for clinicians only and does not comprise medical advice or recommendations. This material may not be copied or reprinted without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet Dental. ZBINST0018 REV A 04/18 ©2018 Zimmer Biomet. All rights reserved.