- 6. Östman PO†, Wennerberg A, Ekestubbe A, et al. Immediate occlusal loading of NanoTite™ tapered implants: A prospective 1-year clinical and radiographic study. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2012 Jan 17.
- 7. Block MS†. Placement of implants into fresh molar sites: Results of 35 cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011 Jan;69(1):170-174.
- 8. Meltzer AM†. Immediate implant placement and restoration in infected sites. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012 Oct;32(5):e169-173.
- 9. Meredith N. Assessment of implant stability as a prognostic determinant. Int J Prosthodont. 1998 Sep-Oct;11(5):491-501.
- 10. Nevins M†, Nevins ML, Schupbach P, Fiorellini J, Lin Z, Kim DM. The impact of bone compression on bone-to-implant contact of an osseointegrated implant: A canine study. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012 Dec;32(6):637-645.
- 11. Mendes V, Davies JE. Early Implant healing at implant surfaces of varying topographical complexity. Poster Presentation: Academy of Osseointegration, 26th Annual Meeting; March 2011; Washington, DC.
- 12. Z etterqvist L, Feldman S, Rotter B, et al. A prospective, multicenter, randomized-controlled 5-year study of hybrid and fully etched implants for the incidence of peri-implantitis. J Periodontol. 2010 April;81:493-501.
- 13. Lang NP, Berglundh T. Periimplant diseases: Where are we now?-Consensus of the Seventh European Workshop on Periodontology; Working Group 4 of Seventh European Workshop on Periodontology. J Clin Perio. 2011 Mar;38 Suppl 11:178-181.
- † Dr. Block, Dr. Goené, Dr. Grunder, Dr. Lazzara, Dr. Makigusa, Dr. Meltzer, Dr. Méndez, Dr. Meyenberg, Dr. Nevins, Dr. Östman, Dr. Rodríguez, Dr. Segalá, Dr. Scutellá, Dr. Tarnow, Dr. Testori and Dr. Vela have financial relationships with Biomet 3i, LLC resulting from speaking engagements, consulting engagements and other retained services.
- References 6–10 discuss the Tapered Implant macrodesign, which is incorporated into the T3 Implant. References 10–13 discuss the Osseotite and/or NanoTite Implants’ dual acid-etched or DCD technology, which is incorporated into the T3 Implant. References 20–22 discuss PREVAIL® Implants with an integrated platform switching design, which is also incorporated into the T3 Implant.
Preservation Is Key To Aesthetics
T3 Implant is Designed to Deliver Aesthetic Results Through Tissue Preservation
- Contemporary Hybrid Surface: Provided by complex multi-surface topography
- Seal Integrity: Provided by a stable and tight implant/abutment interface
- Integrated Platform Switching: Provided by a medialized implant/abutment junction
The Clinical Challenge
T3 Short Implants in Areas with Minimal Bone Height
In areas with minimal bone height, providing implant treatment may require complex surgical procedures, such as:
- A sinus lift procedure in the maxilla
- Vertical ridge augmentation in the mandible due to the proximity to the mandibular nerve
Contemporary Hybrid Implant Design
Initial Bone-to-Implant Contact is a major contributor to the implant’s stability.9
- Osseointegration 10,11
In preclinical studies*, the T3 with DCD Surface demonstrated increased integration strength throughout the healing phase as compared to less complex surface topographies.11
- No Increased Peri-implantitis Risk 12,13
The T3 Implant utilizes the proven Osseotite® Surface technology at the coronal aspect of the implant. In a five-year study**, the dual acid-etched surface of the Osseotite Implant presented no increased risk of peri-implantitis or soft-tissue complications versus a machined surface.12
T3 Implant Options
T3 Tapered Certain Implant Clinical
T3 Tapered Certain Implant in immediate post-extraction - Clinical technique in the aesthetic zone.
Simultaneous T3 Implants in the Aesthetic Zone
Watch Simultaneous T3 Implants in the Aesthetic Zone Video
T3 Short Implant Drilling & Placement Protocol
Platform switching is a method for preserving crestal bone around the top of wide-diameter implants and seemingly alters the starting point from which crestal bone remodeling occures.
T3 Short Implant Clinical
T3 Short Implant in reduced bone height posterior mandible.
ZB0188 REV B 07/17
ZB0188CAN_FR REV B 07/17
ART1220 REV B 04/13
ART1238 REV A 03/14
ART1226 REV B 01/14
Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. Please contact your local sales representative or customer service team.
Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks are the property of Zimmer Biomet; and all products are manufactured by one or more of the dental subsidiaries of Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. and marketed and distributed by Zimmer Biomet Dental and its authorized marketing partners. For additional product information, please refer to the individual product labeling or instructions for use. Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. This material is intended for clinicians only and does not comprise medical advice or recommendations. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited. This material may not be copied or reprinted without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet Dental.
ZB0001 REV B 12/19 | ZB0002 REV C 12/19
Zimmer Biomet Institute
We offer world-class educational opportunities.
Our specialty courses focus on current and emerging dental procedures, technology and products, empowering you to exceed the needs of your patients and your practice.
Need Customer Service or Tech Support?
We realize that every minute counts when you are running a successful practice. That's why it is our promise that you always find yourself at the front of the line whenever you need support.
Find an EEL Laboratory
Experience the enhanced turnaround time and cost-effectiveness benefits of licensed Encode Empowered Laboratories!